Cannock Chase High School Sixth Form is dedicated to providing the highest standard of education and experience for 16-18 year olds, preparing all students to be ‘future-ready’.
In 2017, Cannock Chase High School Sixth Form achieved:
- 100% A*-E at A level;
- a higher than national progress score for A level programmes, the highest in the school's history;
- statistically significantly above national average progress on vocational courses;
- statistically significantly above national average progress for students retaking GCSE English and/or maths;
- 100% of Sixth Form leavers progressing to a positive destination, be that to a university, apprenticeship provider or into employment;
- an Ofsted Inspection Dashboard that identified 'no weaknesses' in the Sixth Form's 2016 dataset of results.
The vision of our Sixth Form is a place where every student, regardless of background, thrives and achieves personal excellence. As the highest attaining Sixth Form in the Cannock & Rugeley area for academic programmes (2016 DfE Performance Tables), our Sixth Form ensures all students have the opportunity to excel on their chosen pathway.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum, of both academic and applied general (vocational) qualifications, supporting every student to achieve the profile of qualifications they need for their future. We also provide high quality information, advice and guidance to all students regarding careers and progression, with long-established links to universities, Higher Level Apprenticeship providers and employers.
We have the highest aspirations for our students. Thirty three percent of our 2015 leavers progressed to Russell Group universities, significantly above the national average of nine percent.