At Cannock Chase High School our students are always at the centre of what we do. As our school vision states, we have a relentless focus on the highest standards of academic achievement, personal development and equality of opportunity. To enable this vision to be a reality for our students, we offer a curriculum that:
- Is broad and balanced offering a wide range of appropriate and challenging courses to suit the needs of our students;
- Provides enjoyment, boosts self-esteem and raises aspirations;
- Equips our students with the knowledge, skills and understanding to achieve as highly as possible throughout their school life and beyond;
- Allows our student to make successful transition and progression from the primary phase particularly in the core areas of English and maths;
- Enables students to develop into responsible members of society by offering a structured programme of Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education, including Sex and Relationship (SRE) education and careers guidance;
- Promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and British values;
- Encompasses the acquisition of personal, learning and thinking skills;
- Provides staffing and material resources in a safe, secure and well-ordered environment so that learning and teaching can be enjoyed and is of the highest quality;
- Emphasises the importance of literacy and numeracy, both through discrete lessons and across the curriculum;
- Offers a range of enriching extra-curricular activities, both creative and physical;
- To provide an ethos in which everyone is equally valued, has equality of opportunity and can develop transferable skills and a commitment to lifelong learning.
In short, our curriculum is how the aims, values and ethos of the school are met. This includes all lessons, extra-curricular activities and experiences that as a school are planned and delivered to students to promote their academic, emotional, physical, social, moral and spiritual development.
For more information, please follow the link to our full Curriculum Statement.